We're looking for a part-time Speech-Language Pathologist and Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) or Communication Disorder Assistant (CDA) in the Calgary, Alberta area. If you or someone you know may be interested, we'd love to hear from you at info at tinyeye.com (replace at with @ and no spaces). The postings are below:
Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant Position
Do you have passion for working with children?
TinyEYE Therapy Services is looking for exceptional part-time Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants (SLPA) and Communication Disorder Assistants (CDA) to work with our team of Speech-Language Pathologists.
Under the supervision of our Speech-Language Pathologists, you will be instrumental in helping children develop their communication skills. As your role involves working closely with children and their families, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and complete integrity. Your position may involve driving to children's homes within the city of Calgary. If you do not live in Calgary, we still welcome your resume for consideration for our on-line services.
You will need:
* Proof of completion of a SLPA or CDA program
* A recent laptop and web camera
* Alberta driver's license / vehicle
* Experience working with children with Autism (other disabilities an asset)
* Flexibility in your schedule which could include evening and weekend appointments
If you're interested in being part of a team that is changing the world for children who have speech and language needs, please send us your resumes to info at tinyeye.com (replace at with @ and no spaces)
Speech-Language Pathologist Position
TinyEYE Therapy Services is looking for exceptional part-time Speech-Language Pathologists to work with children in the Calgary area.
The Speech-Language Pathologist will be responsible for:
• Assessing the functional communication skills of the child.
• Providing guidance to determine an appropriate mode of communication for the child and the child s family (i.e., verbal, gestured, pictorial, technology-based).
• Developing and implementing functional communication programs.
• Teaching language facilitation strategies to the parents and the Program Assistant (PA).
• Supporting the development of appropriate play skills.
• Targeting increased ability to stay engaged with a communication partner.
• Supporting implementation of visual strategies that may support the child with increased independent skills or with difficulties around transitions.
• Develop and present workshops for parents, staff and the public on applicable strategies for children with severe disabilities.
• Programming for generalization of skills to a number of communication partners and to a number of settings.
• Continuous expansion of communication goals once goals are achieved.
• Masters degree in speech-language pathology or equivalent
• Registered with ACSLPA
• Alberta driver's license / vehicle
• Experience working with children with Autism (other disabilities an asset)
Marnee Brick, MSc
Speech-Language Pathologist and Director of Speech Therapy
TinyEYE Therapy Services (Speech Therapy Telepractice)