The goal is to find a Speech-Language Pathologist who has tremendous character, skill, and spark…someone who is reliable, engaging, and effective…an ethical professional who will get the job done. On behalf of the SLPs, I assure you that we are here and available to serve you. Below, I include information about proactively seeking SLPs in addition to accessing immediate help. Yes, help is available right now.
ASHA’s Recruitment Sources and Strategies webpage provides super ideas for finding and hiring a qualified speech-language pathologist for your school. Ideas include:
- Access ASHA’s online Career Center
- Offer access to distance learning models to help your staff obtain advanced degrees
- Visit job fairs, recruitment agencies, graduate schools, conventions; offer incentives
- Contact retired SLPs or SLPs who are considering leaving other positions; offer job sharing
- Join a special education cooperative to share SLP services
- Grow your own SLP: OMNIE "Project Promote"
- See the mentoring success story in Anne Arundel County: http://www.asha.org/careers/recruitment/schools/sources.htm
These ideas are expanded and include with others at this link: http://www.asha.org/careers/recruitment/schools/sources.htm
Note: I know of one community that paid two SLP graduate students a generous stipend to return to the community after two years of graduate school to work as S-LPs in the community. It worked.
At this time of year, if you are seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist, it is likely that you are hoping to hire before the start of the upcoming school year. Have you considered accessing quality therapy services via telepractice? I do not hesitate to let you know that my team of skilled S-LP’s are immediately available to serve your students. You can have peace of mind knowing that your schools have S-LP support, while you continue to evolve your recruiting plan. These are some ideas about how I can help you now:
- Need immediate help with assessments and IEP creation? We can visit your schools to help you catch up and have a great start to the school year.
- Need therapy sessions for your students? We can provide engaging and effective on-line sessions as frequently as you request. We make a difference.
- Need help with supervising support staff or consulting with teachers? We can do this very well via our on-line supervision software.
Do you have high speed internet on a newer computer, a head set with microphone, and a webcam? Super - we will introduce you to your certified speech-language pathologist who is committed to service excellence.
Ask us about how we are making a difference for children in communities like yours.
Growing smiles, mending spirits, engaging children in their lives,
If a school district in your area needs Speech-Language Pathologists, please let me know by email as we at TinyEYE can help!
Marnee Brick, MSc
Speech-Language Pathologist and Director of Speech Therapy
TinyEYE Therapy Services (Speech Therapy Telepractice)
http://www.TinyEYE.com-Online Speech Therapy Telepractice
School Districts: Recruiting Speech-Language Pathologists? Job Boards not working? Click this link!